Faculty of Dentistry at Mari Private University
The purpose of establishing the faculty of Dentistry is to provide the community with highly qualified, experienced dentists, distinguished professional skills, and ethical values that contribute to the development of the health sector in the liberated areas and improving the quality of health services in the community as a whole, through the development and modernization of teaching and learning methods.
Keeping abreast of modern methods in teaching, learning and research to raise the efficiency of the graduate in preventive and curative health care, while looking forward to leadership at the local and regional levels.
Preparing qualified graduates who are able to meet the needs of society in various fields of dentistry and provide distinguished preventive and curative services
1) Preparing a practicing dentist who enjoys high scientific and professional competence, is aware of the health needs of the community, can pursue education, and is committed to medical ethics and ethics, to contribute to the provision of oral health, both preventive and curative, to all citizens.
2) Gaining knowledge, understanding, and the various tasks necessary to provide primary health care to all segments of society
3) Preparing the doctor to pursue specialized postgraduate studies and do what is commensurate with the needs of Mari University and its development plans, following the instructions of the Higher Education Council in Idlib.
4) Preparing specialists in the various specialties of dentistry and providing them with a high level of knowledge and skill in their field of specialization and preparing some of them academically to join the family of the College of Dentistry.
5) Contribute to rehabilitation courses and continuous medical and academic training for working dentists and graduates.
6) Developing curricula, teaching methods and methods, exam methods, authoring and translating university medical books, and setting rules for quality control and improvement based on the opinions of professors, experts, and students.
7) To develop the spirit of collective medical work and strengthen cooperation with all sectors concerned with health matters, students, administrators, and doctors, and to strengthen cultural ties with local and foreign medical colleges and bodies.
8) Providing treatment services to a wide range of citizens through the work of educational and specialized dental clinics.
9) Refining the student’s scientific, political, intellectual, and social personality and developing his work spirit
10) Identify the different skills required for the dental profession in the labor market.
The duration of study in the Faculty of Dentistry is five years, after which the student obtains a bachelor’s degree in dentistry. The study in the college is theoretical and practical (laboratory) in the first, second, and third years, and (clinical) in the fourth and fifth years and proceeds according to the semester system. The academic year is divided into two semesters of 17 weeks each, 14 weeks of study, and three weeks dedicated to exams.
Anatomy of Head and Neck
General Anatomy 2
Medical Physics (General and Bio)
Medicinal Chemistry (General and Bio)
Anatomy, Drawing, and Sculpting of teeth
Biostatistics and Epidemiology
Sciences of Animal Cell
Oral and Maxillofacial Physiology
Dental materials 1
Dental materials 2
Fixed Dental Compensation 1
Conservative Dental Treatment 1
Oral and Dental Tissues
Public Health and Infection Control Methods
Fetal Science and Head and Neck Development
Eye, Nose, ear and Throat Diseases
General and Skin Diseases
Oral and dental anatomy
Conservative Dental Treatment 2
Preventive Oral Medicine and Community Dentistry
Fixed Prosthodontics 2
Minor Surgery and Surgical Diseases
Genetics and Immunology
Oral Disease 1
Oral Disease 2
Conservative Dental Treatment 3
Dental Endodontics 2
Dental Endodontics 1
Pediatric Dentistry 1
Periodontal and Periodontal Disease 1
Fixed Prosthodontics 3
Anesthesia and Extraction 1
Anesthesia and Extraction 2
Orthodontics and Jaws 1
Oral Surgery and Dental Implants
Conservative Dental Treatment 4
Dental Endodontics 3
Endodontic Treatment 4
Pediatric Dentistry 2
Periodontal and Periodontal Disease 2
Removable Prosthodontics 6
Fixed Prosthodontics 4
Fixed Prosthodontics 5
Anesthesia and Extraction 3
Anesthesia and Extraction 4
Orthodontics and Jaws 2
Profession Practice and Forensic Dentistry